Here are ten characteristics of people who will have a below average lifespan:
1. Insensitivity towards others: Sensitivity towards others is reflective of a persons general outlook and demeanor. Those who are insensitive towards others are 46% more likely to have a shorter lifespan. These people are more likely to have unhealthy behaviors and more risky actions.
2. Eat lots of popcorn: This has to do more with the artificial chemicals involved in the oils they use to flavor the corn.
3. Have large breasts: Women with large breasts live an average of 5 years less than those with smaller ones. Large breasted women are physically more stressed and have more headaches, joint issues, weight issues, diabetes and surgery.
4. Early retirement: Those who retire at 55 are 89% more likely to die in the ten years following retirement than those who retire at 65 years of age. This is most likely due to loss of physical activity and loss of active goals.
5. Poor oral hygiene: Daily flossing and brushing lead to healthier hearts, veins and arteries. Those who have poor oral hygiene live on the average of 6 years less than their counterparts.
6. Use sleeping pills: Those who use sleeping pills regularly are four to six times more likely to pass away before the average person. Perhaps poor sleep is reflective of underlying health issues, but the exact reason is speculative.
7. Watch too much television: Lounging on the couch and watching television makes for poor circulation. Over a lifetime, for every two hours of staring at the tube per day, ones life is shortened by a year and a half.
8. Long commutes: Working far away from home means more time commuting on the road. To spend lots of time sitting while commuting translates into thicker waistlines and higher blood-pressure.
9. Sleep too much: Sleeping an average of 8 hours per day means to have a shorter life than those who sleep an average of 6-7 hours per day. Is it the amount one sleeps that determines longevity? OR, perhaps the amount of sleep is reflective of the health and energy of a person.
10. Eat too much meat: 114 grams of red meat or processed meats per day will increase your chances of an early bailout by about 30%.