Welcome to Acupuncture Heaven. I am James Chang, L.Ac. the leading acupuncturist here at Acupuncture Heaven. I use Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Chigong and Meditation to help people with all kinds of health conditions. I have been practicing acupuncture in California since 1997, and I also have a biophysics degree from UC San Diego.
Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, TuiNa and Chigong have been around for thousands of years to help people suffering from illness, pain and poor health. At Acupuncture Heaven, we offer you gentle relief from ailments naturally without the harsh side effects of pharmaceuticals or invasive surgery. We present you with more natural alternatives to achieve a healthful life and better quality of living, so that you can live a happier more productive life.
Please call (916) 572-8858 to set up an appointment. My rates are very reasonable, but I do not give them out over the phone or through email. At your first consultation, I will evaluate your condition, what is involved in treating it, approximately how many treatments will be needed and what kind of discounts we can apply to your treatment plan. Any fee related questions can be better answered during this time.
Please understand that progress is best when acupuncture treatment is rendered 2 or more times per week. For example, I might treat and rid a neck problem with acupuncture 2 times a week for 3 weeks in a row (6 treatments). But, if I treat that same neck problem once a week, it could take 8-10 consecutive weeks to rid (8-10 treatments).
Appointment Changes and Cancellations: 24Hrs. notice. When you have to change an appointment or cancel it, please give at least 24 hrs prior notice. This helps me run my clinic better, and your consideration is appreciated.
What to Expect:
The average acupuncture session is approximately 60 minutes. This includes a few minutes to gather patient progress notes, disrobe and dress, and about 50 minutes being treated. Patients are usually in and out in an hour, unless it is your first time here. First time patients should allow an additional 20 minutes to fill out paper work and for a consultation.
What is acupuncture good for?
1. Preventative Medicine:
How to keep your health and live a high quality, youthful and energy filled life. As a lifelong Chigong practitioner, this is one of my specialties.
*Relief from tension and stress
The Months of February, March and April are associated with wood in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and are known to generate more wind in the body. By controlling the wind, you will be healthier and have less pain.
2. Musculoskeletal Pain:
- Ankle Pain/Swelling
- Arm Pain
- Back Pain, Backaches
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Pain/TennisElbow/GolferElbow
- Foot Pain/planter fasciitis
- Hip pain
- Joint Pain
- Jaw Pain (TMJ)
- Knee pain
- Leg Pain/Sciatica/cramps/numbness/tingling
- Neck Pain/stiffness
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports injuries & sprains
3. Internal Disorders:
- Allergies, Arthritis, Asthma
- Blood Pressure (high and low), Bronchial Conditions
- Circulation conditions, Colds, Colitis, Colon Conditions, Coughing, Cravings
- Digestive issues: Constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, loose bowels, stomachache
- Detox, Diverticulitis, Dizziness
- Fatigue, Feet (cold), Fibromyalgia, Flu
- Gall Bladder conditions
- Hay Fever, Headaches, Heart conditions, Hemorrhoids, Hiccoughs, Hormonal Imbalance
- Immune conditions, Indigestion, Injuries
- Kidney conditions
- Liver conditions,
- Pleurisy, Pre and Post surgery
- Shoulder problems, Sinus conditions, Sore Throat
- Thyroid conditions, Throat conditions
- Ulcers, Urinary issues
4. Neurological and Mind issues:
- Focus and memory
5. Gender and reproductive issues:
- Women: Gynecological conditions: Candida, Infertility, LibidoLow, Irregular Periods, Menopause, PMS
- Men: Erectile Dysfunction, Prostate issues
- Focus and Memory to improve school performance
- Energy: too little, too much, fidgeting
- Respiratory: Colds, Flu, Asthma
- Growth Stimulation
2016 Update: Chigong Sessions are held Fridays at 7:00-7:30pm
2016 Update: Meditation Sessions are held Fridays at 7:30-9:00pm
2014 Update: Weekend group QiGong classes are no longer offered. You can watch videos of past instruction classes under the QiGong section of this website.
We also offer Chigong classes on the weekends to help you to build your constitution and health.