Welcome to Acupuncture Heaven. I am James Chang, L.Ac. the leading acupuncturist here at Acupuncture Heaven. I use Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Chigong and Meditation to help people with all kinds of health conditions.
My acupuncture studies are 100% from China and done in Chinese. This is to distinguish myself from other Acupuncturists that studied in the U.S., then went to China for a few weeks or months for a short temporary study. I have been practicing acupuncture in California since 1997, and I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics-Biophysics from University of California, San Diego prior to studying in China.
Quick view of qualifications:
- Acupuncture Studies and degree from China
- Practicing since 1997 in California
- BS in Physics – Biophysics from UC San Diego
- Chigong practitioner since 1992
Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, TuiNa and Chigong have been around for thousands of years to help people suffering from illness, pain and poor health. At Acupuncture Heaven, we offer you gentle relief from ailments naturally without the harsh side effects of pharmaceuticals or invasive surgery. We present you with more natural alternatives to achieve a healthful life and better quality of living, so that you can live a happier more productive life.
Please call (916) 572-8858 to set up an appointment. My rates are very reasonable, but I do not give them out over the phone or through email. At your first consultation, I will evaluate your condition, what is involved in treating it, approximately how many treatments will be needed and what kind of discounts we can apply to your treatment plan. Any fee related questions can be better answered during this time.
Please understand that progress is best when acupuncture treatment is rendered 2 or more times per week. For example, John Doe gets acupuncture once per week for ten weeks and rids himself of his neck problem. If John Doe opts to receive acupuncture twice per week, he would be rid of his neck problem in 4 weeks. By choosing more frequent treatment, he actually saves himself the cost of 2 treatments.
What to Expect:
Initial visit is usually 90 minutes (30min for paperwork and evalutation, 60 minutes for treatment. Follow up acupuncture sessions are 60 minutes: approximately 10-15 minutes to gather patient progress notes and for patient to disrobe and get dressed, and about 45-50 minutes of actual treatment time.
What is acupuncture good for?
1. Preventative Maintenance Medicine:
How to keep your health and live a high quality, youthful and energy filled life. As a lifelong Chigong practitioner, this is one of my specialties. At Acupuncture Heaven, we customize your maintenance program to your personal constitution and needs. It can be as little as once per season or as many as twice per month. Younger folks can do well with seasonal maintenance, and older folks fair better with twice per month. Every month, there are two highs and two lows in the energy of the earth environment. Getting maintenance acupuncture done on or close to the two “windows” is best for effectiveness.
The Months of February, March and April are associated with wood in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and are known to generate more wind in the body. By controlling the wind, you will be healthier and have less pain. 2017 will have more wood related issues. Wood means liver and gall bladder. Please keep your kidney and liver energies strong, and be diligent with your cardio exercising.
Preventative Maintenance also means relief from tension and stress: Because stress is the mother of numerous disorders.
2. Musculoskeletal Pain:
- Ankle Pain/Swelling
- Arm Pain
- Back Pain, Backaches
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Pain/TennisElbow/GolferElbow
- Foot Pain/planter fasciitis
- Hip pain
- Joint Pain
- Jaw Pain (TMJ)
- Knee pain
- Leg Pain/Sciatica/cramps/numbness/tingling
- Neck Pain/stiffness
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports injuries & sprains
3. Internal Disorders:
- Allergies, Arthritis, Asthma
- Blood Pressure (high and low), Bronchial Conditions
- Circulation conditions, Colds, Colitis, Colon Conditions, Coughing, Cravings
- Digestive issues: Constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, loose bowels, stomachache
- Detox, Diverticulitis, Dizziness
- Fatigue, Feet (cold), Fibromyalgia, Flu
- Gall Bladder conditions
- Hay Fever, Headaches, Heart conditions, Hemorrhoids, Hiccoughs, Hormonal Imbalance
- Immune conditions, Indigestion, Injuries
- Kidney conditions
- Liver conditions,
- Pleurisy, Pre and Post surgery
- Shoulder problems, Sinus conditions, Sore Throat
- Thyroid conditions, Throat conditions
- Ulcers, Urinary issues
4. Neurological and Mind issues:
- Focus and memory
5. Gender and reproductive issues:
- Women: Gynecological conditions: Candida, Infertility, LibidoLow, Irregular Periods, Menopause, PMS
- Men: Erectile Dysfunction, Prostate issues
- Focus and Memory to improve school performance
- Energy: too little, too much, fidgeting
- Respiratory: Colds, Flu, Asthma
- Growth Stimulation
Best Health Tips:
- Be Loving and Positive: Love is what keeps you healthy. Be caring towards others: have lots of good friends, neighbors, associates, etc. that you care for and that care about you.
- Be happy. Live a happy life with lots of happy experiences and happy memories.
2014 Update: Weekend group QiGong classes are no longer offered. You can watch videos of past instruction classes under the QiGong section of this website.
We also offer Chigong classes on the weekends to help you to build your constitution and health.